Wednesday, January 25, 2017

End of 2016


Hooboy, so yeah, as you can tell i wasn't looking forward to writing and posting this blog. Usually the end of the year post is something where I get to talk about how great this year was and all the big, big plans I have ready to roll out for next year. But if you've been following me this far, you know 2016 was a year of constant struggle and 2017 is going to be a year of near silence for me. so I put this off for three and a half weeks and I finally, finally got up the nerve to talk about how bleak the future really looks.

To reiterate, there will be no new books in 2017. The only thing I'm going to be releasing as physical media is Issue #8 in April (Which, BTW, is available right now in digital form on my Patreon!!!). I am planning for that release to coincide with one of my only public appearances of the year, at the Schultz Museum on the 8th of that month. Please come, it will be a blast.

Additionally there will be exactly one more public appearance in 2017, and so far it is only a theorized one, but I'll dish here since I'm just excited about it. As a Christmas present, one of my very dear friends offered to bring me to a convention of my choice. I at first wanted to say Fanime, but i had to be real, because I knew I'd go to Fanime anyway, even if I wasn't selling there. So instead, I asked to go to Sac-Anime Summer, to which he agreed. Like I said, this is not guaranteed yet because registration of that con doesn't start until the 13th of May, so i guess keep your fingers crossed for me.

That's all for appearances planned for this year, and unless things change for me and my family soon, that's how it looks like it's gonna stay.

On to new comics.
In the absence of printed media i'll be making more of a movie toward digital comics, which will be uploaded on this site as well as some exclusives brought onto my Patreon (once again, please don't forget about my Patreon). These stories are not going to all be officially part of the established TransCat timeline. most of them will be short stories or one page jokes that just take place in the TransCat universe. The official story will only ever be progressed by the numbered issues, when they start coming out again. But since I don't want to leave my readers high and dry during that time, I hope you'll accept some interesting filler. It'll be like Naruto, except good.

I am ALSO officially now employed by comic writer Luis Zavala, drawing pages for his upcoming comic "San Jose", a story about childhood abuse, coping with it and how to escape it. The story is there but the art is still in it's conceptual phases, expect to be seeing more on that as 2017 progresses. It will become my main focus soon enough.

So that's everything to talk about right now. Here's a smidgen of new art I uploaded to my Instagram recently. if you do not have access to that platform for whatever reason.



A nice, shcedenfreude laden respite from the turmoil of the last few weeks.

Hang in there, readers, more is coming. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment